Exclusive research by us at LDV Capital is the first publicly shared, in-depth analysis which estimates how many cameras will be in the world in 2022. We believe it is a conservative forecast as a additional sectors will be included in future research.
The entire visual technology ecosystem is driving and driven by the integration of cameras and visual data. Visual technologies are any technologies that capture, analyze, filter, display or distribute visual data for businesses or consumers. They typically leverage computer vision, machine learning and artificial intelligence.
Over the next five years there will be a proliferation of cameras integrated into products across industries and markets. A paradigm shift will take place in the meaning and use of a camera.
Taking into account the industries that will embed cameras into products, those that will add additional cameras to products, and new vision-enabled products that will arise, the number of cameras will grow at least 220% in the next five years.
This growth in cameras delivers tremendous insight into business opportunities in the capture, analysis and interpretation of visual data. Cameras are no longer just for memories. They are becoming fundamental to improving business and society. Most of the pictures captured will never be seen by a human eye.
This 19 page report is the first of a multi-phased market analysis of the visual technology ecosystem by LDV Capital. Facts and trends include:
- Global Camera Forecast
- Paradigm Shift in Visual Data Capture
- Depth Capture & New Verticals Driving Growth
- LDV Market Segments To Watch
- Visual Technology Ecosystem Growth
- Processing Advances Enable Leaps in Visual Analysis
- War Over Artificial Intelligence Will Be Won with Visual Data
- Most of the pictures captured will never be seen by a human eye.
- A paradigm shift will take place in the meaning and use of a camera.
- Over the next five years there will be a proliferation of cameras integrated into products across industries and markets.
- Where there is growth in cameras there will be tremendous business opportunities in the capture, analysis and interpretation of visual data.
- Depth capture will double the number of cameras in handheld cameras.
- By 2022, the number of cameras will be nearly 12X the 2012 figures.
- Your smartphone will have between 4 and 10 cameras by 2022.
- The Internet of Eyes will be larger than the Internet of Things.
- In the next five years, robotics will have 20X more integrated cameras.
- By 2022, all new vehicles will be equipped with more than 25 cameras and this does not include Lidar or Radar.
We look forward to hearing your insights, learning about your startups and reading your research papers on how businesses are addressing these challenges and opportunities.