LDV Capital Portfolio:
- 2018 May: Uizard - Uizard raises funds for its AI that turns design mockups into source code
2018 April: Mapillary raises $15 million to boost its digital mapping for self-driving vehicles
2018 March: Upskill - Augmented reality firm Upskill adds new high-profile investors in latest funding round
2018 January: Clarifai - Cloud AI Startups Steel Themselves as Tech Giants Arrive, Tomio Geron, WSJ (paywall)
2017 October: Upskill - Upskill Skylight update aimed at bringing augmented reality to mainstream, by Ron Miller, Techcrunch
2017 September: Sea Machines, Robo-Boats Are Setting Sail in Boston, by Joshua Brustein in Bloomberg
2017 September: Clarifai, Battling Giants by Aaron Tilley in Forbes
2017 September: Sea Machines, Self-Driving Boats: The Next Tech Transportation Race by AP in NYTimes
2017 July: Clarifai, Clarifai launches SDK for training AI on your iPhone, by Khari Johnson in Venture Beat
2017 June: Mapillary, The battle for territory in digital cartography by The Economist
2017 May: The Web's Premier Free Photo Library Opens Up Its Vaults by Wired
2017 May: Mapillary opens up 25k street-level images to train automotive AI systems by TechCrunch
- 2017 April: Upskill (formerly APX Labs) closed another round of financing with major support from HorizonX, GE Ventures, NEA and more.
2017 February: New York Times coverage of TVision Insights - "For Marketers, TV Sets Are an Invaluable Pair of Eyes."
- 2016 December: Seedcamp podcast with Evan “On investing in Visual Technologies, satellite selfies & learning from past mistakes.”
2016 December: Clarifai selected as “One of 15 interesting startups to watch in 2017” by VentureBeat
2016 November: Mapillary “Build a 3-D Virtual World with This Crowdsourced Map of the Real World” by MIT Technology Review
2016 November: Evan joined a panel on "Does VR work IRL" at the Soho House YouTube Creative Tech Summit
2016 October: Internet of Eyes: A Sight to Behold & 11 Other Lessons from Investor Evan Nisselson
2016 October: 3 Key Ways a VC Thinks About a Data-Oriented Startup
2016 October: Clarifai raises $30M led by Menlo Partners to give developers visual search and puts artificial intelligence in everyone's hands
2016 October: Mediachain introduces Attribution Engine
2016 October: APX-Labs - VMWare Partners With APX Labs to Support Workplace Wearables
2016 October: TVision Insights - How do you know if your audience is laughing, talking or sleeping
- 2016 October: TVision Insights raises $6.8M to take on Nielsen with thermal eye and emotion tracking tech
2016 September: Mapillary - Mapping startups hope they can chart a new course to success
2016 June: Mediachain raises $1.5M from USV, A16Z, LDV to connect media to its creator & info about it leveraging the blockchain.
2016 February: Mapillary raises $8M to take on Google’s Street View with crowdsourced photos
2015 November: APX Labs Grabs $13 Million For Enterprise Smart Glasses Platform
2015 November: Build a 3-D Virtual World with This Crowdsourced Map of the Real World [Mapillary]
2015 September: A Crowdsourced Photo Company Is Filling In The Blanks On The World Map [Mapillary]
2015 June: Salesforce just invested in a startup that can make gadgets like the Apple Watch useful at work [APX]
2015 April: Clarifai raises $10M Series A led by Union Square Ventures to Bring Visual Deep Learning to Everyone [Clarifai]
2015 April: Crew turns 2 and we're raising $8M [Crew]
2015 March: 10M Geotagged connected photos [Mapillary]
2015 February: Why Building Something Useful For Others Is The Best Marketing There is. [Crew]
2015 January: APX and Sony Partner For Business Smart Glasses Solutions
2015 January: Deep learning Startup Clarifai Goes Beyond Image Recognition Now Offers
2015 January: Narrative Clip 2 coming in 2015
2015 January: Sequoia Invests In Mapillary To Crowd-Map The World Faster Than Street View
2014 September: Narrative raises $8M led by Khosla
2014 July: Wired, The AI Startup Google Should Probably Snatch Up Fast
2014 July: Roche acquires Geniachip for $350M
2014 May: Farmeron Raises Another $2.65M To Disrupt Dairy
2014 April: APX-Labs Raises $10M with NEA to Bring Wearable Tech to Work
2014 February: LDV invests in Camiocam "Turn Any Camera Into A Smart Monitoring device"
2013 December: LDV Capital invests in Ooomf [Now called Crew]
2013 May: LDV Capital invests in APX Labs
2013 April: LDV Capital invests in ShopPad
2013 November: Evan Nisselson interview on investment in Narrative and future imaging trends.
2013 April: LDV Capital invests in Narrative
2012 May: LDV Capital invests in Farmeron
LDV Vision Summit
Speaking Events and Press:
- 2018: February: LDV Capital Raises $10M Second Seed Fund for Visual Technologies
2018: February: LDV Capital Raises Seed Fund for Visual Tech [WSJ paywall]
2017 October: Future Labs AI Summit, NYU University, NYC
2017: October: Decoded Fashion Summit, NYC
2017: October: DataEngConf, Columbia University, NYC
2017 October: Summit AI. Amsterdam, Netherlands
2017 June: DigitalK Keynote. Sofia, Bulgaria
2016 November: DataEng Conference, VC Panel - The Present Future ... Startups, NYC
2016 November: Soho House & Youtube Creative Tech Summit, London, England
2016 November: How To Web 2016, Bucharest, Romania
2016 November: DataEngConf, New York, US.
2016 June: The Europas, London. Boom or Bust? Reality Check for Virtual and Augmented Reality
2016 February: SecondHome, London - Building Visual Technology & Computer Vision Startups
2016 February: MIT Media Lab, Cambridge, MA -Building Visual Technology & Computer Vision Startups
2015 December: Speaker at The Next Web, New York City
2015 November: Carnegie Mellon Robotics Institute, Pittsburgh. Presentation for Masters Of Computer Vision
2015 September: Inc Magazine: Knife, Fork, Investment: How Monthly Dinner Gatherings Feed An Entrepreneurial Network
2015 April: TNW Conference, Amsterdam: Keynote Images Will Help Hedge Funds Make Millions, Advertisers Know When We Are Happy or Sad, and Improve Our Health!
2015: April: Kauffman Fellows Class 19: Personal Brand: Developing a Market Identity
2014 December: Speaker at The Next Web Conference NYC: VIDEO: Visual Web Fuels Growth & Revenue
2014 November: Proud two of our LDV Community Melissa Gonzalez Tucker Max who met at one of our monthly Entrepreneur Dinners, worked to help each other, a book is now published and a successful business was formed in only a couple months!
2014 November: On the PMA Podcast: Evan Nisselson on Investing in photography’s future
- 2014 December: The Next Web - Speaker, NYC
2014 July: WSJ Article: When It Feels Like Life or Death for a Startup
- 2014 April: TNW One Passion presentation: Decisendipity [Video]
- 2014 April: Co - Master of Ceremonies at the Next Web Conference. Amsterdam, Netherlands
- 2014 January: Speaker at Kotra Global Startup & Career Vision. Seoul, Korea
- 2013 December: LeWeb Startup Competition Judge. Paris, France
- 2013 December: Master Ceremonies Startup Competition Techcrunch Moscow, Russia.
- 2013 December: Startup AddVenture Keynote. European Startups Raising Capital in US - Why, When, Where, How. Kiev, Ukraine
- 2013 December: Techpeaks Demo Day Fireside Chat with Jon Bradford, MD Techstars. Trento, Italy
- 2013 December: Techpeaks People Accelerator Demo Day. Trento, Italy
- 2013 October: Techcocktail Celebrate, Judge. Vegas, US
- 2013 October: MC Startup Competition. Kyiv, Ukraine
- 2013 October: The Next Web Conference. NYC, US
- 2013 August: Pirate Summit Speaker. Cologne, Germany
- 2013 July: MC of the BizSpark Summit. Berlin, Germany
- 2013 April: MC TNW Conference Startup Rally. Amsterdam
- 2012 November: Speaker at Silicon Valley comes to Lisbon, Portugal
- 2012 November: Capital on Stage - Reverse Investor Pitch. NYC, US.
- 2012 October: Opening the IDCEE International Conference as Co-Master of Ceremonies. Kiev, Ukraine.
- 2012 October: IDCEE Master of Ceremonies Interview. Kiev, Ukraine
- 2012 Sept.: Mentor and Speaker at Mind The Bridge Boot Camp. Trento, Italy.
- 2012 Sept: Techcrunch Rome, Italy. Interviewing Riccardo Zacconi, CEO King.com
- 2012 Sept.: MC at European Pirate Startup Conference. Cologne, Germany
- 2012 Sept.: MC Seedcamp Investor Day. London, England
- 2012 July: Keynote Intro Video for Int'l Startup Festival. Montreal, Canada
- 2012 July: MC for Int'l Startup Festival. Montreal, Canada
- 2012 July: Moderated panel at Seedcamp NYC on Community Management
- 2012 June: Moderated panel Seedcamp Zagreb, Croatia "Raising $ vs growing organically."
- 2012 May: Speaking at Founder's Institute. Santiago, Chile
- 2012 April: Co-Hosting Start-up Competition at The Next Web Conference, Amsterdam.
- 2011: SXSW TechCocktail Interview "Delivering Happiness"
- 2011 September: MC for Seedcamp Investor Day [cameo min. 1:59]
- 2008 November: Digital Railroad shuts down operations.
- 2007 November: Nisselson transitions to DRR Chairman of the Board
- 2007 April: Digital Railroad Marketplace launches
- 2007 February: Digital Railroad secures $10M to accelerate product dev. & expand int'l
- 2005 June: Digital Railroad Raises $5.2 Million From Morgenthaler and Venrock
- 2005 Feb: Digital Railroad launches Photo Feeds at Demo Conf.
- 2003: Founded Digital Railroad and announced in 2004
- 2004: Will more than 100 billion digital images be captured worldwide in 2005?
- 2003: Why will wireless camera phones revolutionize the photography industry?
- 1999: Lyra Research - "Nisselson is a retro-futuristic type."
- 1998: Conceived 1st Broadband Photo Portal @Home Network, Intel invested $3M